Sunday, August 3, 2008

sorry i have not posted

I am sorry I have not posted. I have all my blogs written and then when we got to Masaka today I realized I had forgoten my flash drive ! Woopies! We are in Masaka doing some grocery shoping and I am getting another skirt(becuase women in rural areas only wear skirts and I only braught 2). In genral I am doing very well. School has end for summer holiday so I am just working on construction projects around the clinic until school starts up again. Although, next saturday Steve and I will be going to the nursing school where he teaches to teach english and counciling. I have learned how to cook about 70 percent of the local dishes and they taste great! I hope everyone is well and I miss you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you must cook your delicious Uganda food for me when you get back!!! until then, I hope you're enjoying your time out there.
keep the blogs coming!
-Crystal

Anonymous said...

Hi, Becky!
Greetings from Toronto. I'm checking your blog all the time hoping for more detailed reports about your experiences. Please stay well and say hello to Steve for me. Best, Anastasia

Meredith L. Eaton said...

Hey Becky!

Love the blog... so great to hear about your adventures! I'm not sure I could handle riding a boda boda, but I do like saying the name! Do you have a kitchen in your hostel? Sounds like you're having quite an experience! Can't wait to read more!

Mer

P.S. I'm still in California and loving it... I leave for LA tomorrow, which should be a different experience! I'll tell you all about it in a letter soon. Miss you!

Hal Fried said...

Great to hear from you always, Becky, even if you did forget your blog stuff. Perhaps you can write up the recipes and combine them with other Minerva Fellows into a cookbook?

Best, Hal